10 ideas to brighten your day in 2023
We've all been through a lot since 2020, and there are still so many challenges and changes facing us. With 2021 almost behind us, let's look to the rest of 2023 and see what ideas we can come up with to brighten our days! Here are 10 ideas that you can use yourself or share with your friends.
- Take a few minutes out of your day to practice mindfulness or meditation. Finding ways to bring peace into your life is a great way to start your day off right. Plus, it'll help you stay focused when it comes to work or other commitments.
- Get outside for some fresh air and sunshine! Even if you don't have an outdoor activity planned, just walking around the neighborhood can be a great way to clear your head and take in the sights around you.
- Call an old friend you haven't spoken to in years! Keeping in touch with our loved ones is important, especially during difficult times like these. You never know how much you could learn catching up with someone after all this time!
- Choose a new hobby or skill! Whether it's painting, yoga, baking, music, the possibilities are endless. Learning something new will not only help keep your mind sharp, but also give you something fun to focus on during slow times.
- Have a spa day at home! Run yourself a nice hot bath, put on some relaxing music, light some candles, and give yourself permission to chill out for a little while - no phones allowed! A little self-care goes a long way in improving mood and relieving stress and worries.
- Watch something funny on TV or YouTube; nothing like laughter to feel better when things are difficult! Find something that makes you laugh out loud - it could be stand-up comedians or even old episodes of sitcoms - whatever suits you best!
- Make plans with your friends (even if they have to be virtual!) A change of scenery can do wonders for lifting your spirits, especially in good company! Video call each other for lunches or game nights - anything goes as long as everyone is having fun!
- Make a photo album/scrapbook of happy memories from before 2020 - remember why life was worth living before this pandemic hit us so hard; looking at photos from trips abroad or family reunions will help us regain some optimism about our future adventures once this is all over!
- Take part in online quizzes or competitions - it's always fun to try out new skills and challenge those around us in a friendly competition (or maybe not so friendly, depending on who's playing!)
- Write down five things that make you grateful every day - gratitude has been proven time and time again to be one of the most powerful tools against negativity - plus, writing down all the things we're grateful for helps keep perspective during difficult times by reminding us of what really matters in life :)
Conclusion: There is no denying that the past few years have been full of upheaval and struggle; but now more than ever, we need to find ways to take care of ourselves mentally and emotionally while we patiently wait for things to get better again one day soon... These 10 ideas are just the start - what ways creative do you have to find joy on dark days? We'd love to hear them in the comments section below :) Enjoy the journey - one step at a time!